Join Our Team
We are looking for a Live-in Caretaker(s) at McLean Mill Historic Park.
Our caretaker(s) will be interested in the history of the property, and the present day community assets located there within. Our Caretaker(s) will be comfortable engaging with our guests, and will be active around the site. This position is suitable for a person or a mature couple that has their own 5th wheel or clean condition travel trailer.
Rent/Hydro/Water included as part of fee for services.
Does this sound like you?
General caretaker responsibilities would include:
- Residence in the OLD TOWN for the duration of stay.
- Yearly contracts available.
- A willingness to learn the history and current schedules so as to become a site ambassador and interpreter while interacting with guests.
- Ensuring gates are locked and unlocked daily, maintaining guest facilities and alerting site manager with any concerns.
- Site security.
- General handyman capability an asset. Stipend negotiated.
- General interest in heritage, forestry, wellness, outdoor recreation, and tourism an asset but we are willing to train.
- Friendly, open, hospitality focused personality a must.
Please use CARETAKER in the subject line and contact MMS Executive Director, Deanna Beaudoin.
In person. 5633 Smith Rd. Port Alberni BC, Tuesday-Thursday 10-3pm by April 21st. 2017